My Frantic World

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Sam Cutler 's Frantic Book Club


I devoured Sam Cutler's book You Can't Always Get What You Want, which I think has got to be one of the most entertaining books in the history of rock 'n' roll.

Naturally, I was thrilled when Sam told me he enjoyed reading my novel Frantic. So, what was the loveable 'old reprobate's' verdict?

'I loved it BUT (to be honest) I found the ending slightly disappointing - I mean she "didn't find God" she found Los Angeles !!! NUT that she is/was I found myself really liking Alice - any girl that chunders into her stolem handbag can't be ALL bad ! LOL I also 'recognised' several people in the London scene which was tres amusing. All in all a 9 out of 10 Frances - good,' he critiqued.

And to think I spent decades re-writing Frantic so that it wouldn't resemble a roman à clef!

7 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger 志穎志穎 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。....................................................................

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger 戴昀德 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger 吳婷婷 said...

Seeing is believing.百聞不如一見............................................................

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger ju吳phe宇te佳ns said...

成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.................................................................

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger 溫緯李娟王季 said...

唯有穿鞋的人,才知道鞋的哪一處擠腳............................................................

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger 宥妃宥妃 said...

A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody...................................................................

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger 登山登山 said...

生命就像騎單車一樣,除非你停止踩踏板,否則不會掉下去。.......................................................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home